DBA Architect is looking for Database Analysts who is self-motivated and has strong problem solving and lateral thinking abilities. Applicants should have extensive knowledge of databases and the appropriate software and languages.
We work primarily with Transactional SQL queries and Database engines, but we are looking to move more into the open-source space so any experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL is a welcome addition.
• Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise.
• Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
• Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss.
• Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance.
• Suggesting changes and improvements for maintenance or protection.
• Regularly liaising with IT project managers and database programmers.
• Designing databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Sciences or a related field.
• Certification as an MCDBA or MCSD for .NET is advantageous.
• MCSA, Preferably MCSE (Data platform, Business Intelligence)
• Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including MS SQL, Oracle Database, or PostgreSQL.
• Proficiency in Tableau and Power BI.